Thursday, June 27, 2013

Update: 27/7/13 and the audition for TEDxKL

Having finished my exam , we have started on trying to implement the flipped classroom in our physics class, by having different topics assigned to different groups, and post the video lectures or any learning resources on the physics website. Hopefully, next term, we'll get to have it fully implemented for at least 1 or 2 topics. If the desired outcome is reached , I'll get to make presentation on the student-centered or flipped learning in school as part of the effort in balancing real learning and learning to answer exam questions.  I think it's just a matter of time.

While waiting for the desired outcome, I'm planning to audition for a slot on TEDxKL this Monday. Unfortunately it's on a schoolday,  I have a few problems such as lack of transport (hopefully I could find a taxi to go back to school) and  now I'm asking if I could have the audition on Saturday instead after the Speech Day(last day of school). As part of preparation for the talk on TEDxKL (that is , if I pass the audition) , I'm taking an online course on public speaking https://class.coursera.org/publicspeak-001/class/index and joined it's facebook group to hone my public speaking skills. It'll be a big challenge for me. Failure or success, I'll certainly learn a lot from this experience, and I certainly need a lot of luck and support. 

1 comment: